[nagdu] Airline question

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Jul 4 16:11:31 UTC 2013

Well, I guess Ann and Buddy are right, though it doesn't seem right that
someone who really needs an attendant and extra space, like a quadroplegic
classmate I had in school, should not be able to fly unless he also happens
to be rich.
I guess I feel less and less equal.  Things that used to be accessible are
not, and not for any good reason, but just because whoever "improved" them
did not think of disabled people at all.
Local businesses are closing, because everyone would rather drive 20 miles
to some big box store on the highway to save 10 cents.
Friends who seem perfectly capable to me are not working, not because their
skills, appearance, etc are not up to snuff, but because the sighted guy has
an easier time with paperwork, or because employers just can't imagine how a
blind person could do the job, even when hundreds already do elsewhere.
Guess I should listen to our presidential report.  I might hear of some
battles we've actually won.
My goodness, I'm getting old and disheartened.
Tracy