[nagdu] pilot dogs traffic checks was Update: Training Program sat NAGDU Meeting

National Association of Guide Dog Users blind411 at verizon.net
Mon Jul 8 19:49:10 UTC 2013

Rebecca.
	This may be an issue of not knowing rather than not caring. I
believe traffic checks are an important part of guide dog work and, to the
best of my knowledge, Pilot is the only guide dog training program that does
not include them in their training! If Pilot consumers knew how important
they were and that everyone else gets what they do not, perhaps they would
speak up. Then again, they may be met with the same sort of irrational
excuses other training programs offer us and we are expected to accept
without question! For instance, Pilot may assert that traffic checks are
unnecessary and their consumers are expected to accept this without
question. If they are not important, why does every other program put such a
major emphasis on them?

Fraternally yours,
Marion