[nagdu] Use of Canes while at Guide Dog Training Programs; was: RE: The Differences in Dogs and Canes

National Association of Guide Dog Users blind411 at verizon.net
Mon Jul 8 19:56:01 UTC 2013

Steph,
	From which program did you attend where they asked you to relinquish
your cane?

Marion

-----Original Message-----
From: nagdu [mailto:nagdu-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Stephanie
Mitchell
Sent: Sunday, June 30, 2013 4:52 AM
To: NAGDU Mailing List, the National Association of Guide Dog Users
Subject: Re: [nagdu] Use of Canes while at Guide Dog Training Programs; was:
RE: The Differences in Dogs and Canes

At our school, I was told not to use my cane.  As some one who had serious
doubts about the whole process of trusting a dog (this is my first dog) i
was actually quite annoyed about this, and quite emotional actually.  But it
did help speed up dependence on the dog, so I think looking back it was a
good thing.
Steph