[nagdu] puppy!

Ben Humphreys brh at opticinspiration.org
Mon Jul 8 22:50:25 UTC 2013

Julie,

Very interesting to hear details and reasons for
self training.  I have several questions:

Can you mention your trainer's name and
location?  Have they worked for a guide dog school in the past?

When you did all your own training, did you find
your dog took intuitively to guide work, i.e.
obstacle avoidance and even "traffic checks"
being talked about recently on this list?

Can you comment on the costs of
self-training?  When done by a guide dog school,
the cost seems to be about $40k, but it must
surely be lower if done for one's self, right?

Thanks -- this is really neat that the schools aren't the end-all of training.

Ben