[nagdu] new guide from freedom

L Gwizdak leg1950 at cox.net
Thu Jul 11 20:31:18 UTC 2013

Hi Laura,
Absolutely understandable that you wish to wait to reveal about your new
dog.  Whether or not to reveal info while in training is the absolute right
of every person and others shouldn't be questioning people's decisions.

Hope your training goes well.  After you're home, I'd like to hear about
what Freedom Dogs is like.  I know John Byfield works there and I've known
him since 1973 when I got my first guide dog at Guide Dog Foundation.

Since I don't post much around my busy life, I'm Lyn and I am working my
eighth guide - last four were from TSE.  I currently have Landon, a
Lab/Golden cross and he is going on eight years old this fall.  I got him in
2007.

I live in San Diego, CA and am 62 years old.  I work as a pet-assisted
therapist with our Humane Society, do crafts, am Secretary of the Board for
my Democratic Party club.  I am involved in LGBT and progressive politics.
I also enjoy reading, hanging out with friends, and sing with our blind
center holiday singing group that we resurrect each year.

Is Freedom a school that trains people in their own communities like Fidelco
does or does it have a campus and dorm where the students go and stay at
during their training like most of the other schools?

Take care and good luck.

Lyn and Landon
"Asking who's the man and who's the woman in an LGBT relationship is like
asking which chopstick is the fork" - Unknown