[nagdu] guide dog school summit

National Association of Guide Dog Users blind411 at verizon.net
Fri Jul 12 15:53:39 UTC 2013

Rebecca,
	I think it is a great idea, as well, and am happy it was suggested
by John Pare (pa-RAY). John is the Executive Director of Advocacy & Policy
for the NFB. The challenge will be getting training programs to participate.
There is a U.S. Council of Guide Dog Schools, but the one element missing is
consumer involvement. I realize that the field is a very small one and none
of the programs wish to confront another; however, one way those who are
doing a good job as it pertains to our Bill of Rights would be to let
consumers know, through their organizations, where they stand on this. We
attempted to do this on July 3, however, most of the responses were
nonsubstantive. Some did better than others.

Fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala