[nagdu] Highmy name is Jeff from Virginia wanting to get a Guidedog looking for some of the top schools in the United Statescan someone help me out

Daniel daniel.sweeney1 at comcast.net
Fri Jul 12 20:00:50 UTC 2013

Hi Jeff,

My name is Daniel and I am in Colorado. I received my guide dog from GDB in
Portland, Oregon this last December. She is a wonderful yellow lab named
Cass. They were very good in matching the right dog for my needs which is
the most important thing to consider.
As far as the best school, you will get a lot of people tell you the school
they went to, but you really need to research them for yourself. There is a
list of the schools on the NAGDU website, and if I am not mistaken there is
also the results of a recent survey of school satisfaction based on opinions
of guide dog users.
Some schools will come to you, some you will go to them, some you will be
required to pay for transportation, and some will provide transportation to
you. Some are close to you, some are far. They really run the field.
Some will transfer ownership of the dog to you immediately and some will
wait for a year, and I think some may retain ownership longer.
So basically you need to check out all of them and decide which shoe fits
your foot so to speak Hope this helps a little.

Daniel and Cass
Lakewood, Colorado

And by the way, welcome to the list. Hope you enjoy the conversation.

looking for some of the top schools in the United Statescan someone help me
out

God bless from Jeff!