[nagdu] "Consumer"

L Gwizdak leg1950 at cox.net
Fri Jul 12 21:20:41 UTC 2013

Tracy,
I had to chuckle at your picture of sitting down to a doggie dinner! LOL!
It reminded me of a cartoon I saw many years ago in a Native American
newspaper.  The topic was of how the White Man CONSUMED everything on the
planet without regard to the effects of that consumption on the planet.  the
cartoon showed a huge white man with his mouth wide open full of teeth.  He
was shoveling in all kinds of things like plants, trees, animals, people -
everything on the planet!  So, that is my own image when I hear about people
being called "consumers" in the manner the word is used today.  I still,
after all these years, get the image of that cartoon in my mind when I hear
"consumer". LOL!

I, too, feel that I am much more than a mere consumer of stuff.  I remember
the days when stores and businesses called us "valued customers" and they
meant it and treated us as such.  After all, people can make or break a
business by depending on the goodwill and loyalty of its Valued Customers.
With Big Business, this has unfortunately has gone by the wayside with the
old noisy cash registers!

I do like PetSmart.  The people working there are friendly and helpful and
Landon cannot wait to get a little treat from them when I check out!  My
friend calls this store "the candy store" for her dog!  the dogs LOVE to go
in these stores!

Lyn and Landon
"Asking who's the man and who's the woman in an LGBT relationship is like
asking which chopstick is the fork" - Unknown