[nagdu] Puppy Personalities

Doug Parisian eggmann at mymts.net
Tue Jul 16 14:28:35 UTC 2013

My last flabradore, Payton, did not like water, wet feet, or cold deep snow.
She also hated piercing noises like smoke alarms, loud fireworks and thunder
storms.  Strangely though, if I put her to work during a thunderstorm or the
many nearby fireworks displays where I lived, that fear/dislike seemed to go
away.  She never spooked while working around jackhammers, backfiring cars
or motorbikes.

Payton actually interrupted a jackhammerist once when I was walking near
some construction.  It seems that the worker was using his hammer while in
some kind of hole.  Payton dutifully stopped (no barricade for some reason)
and just before we were to walk around the area, stretched forward to give
that tasty sweaty face a lab lick.  Poor fellow stopped his hammer, no doubt
in total shock and then started giggling.

Doug: my dog can lick your dog; and you too!