[nagdu] Mentoring during convention

National Association of Guide Dog Users blind411 at verizon.net
Tue Jul 16 23:11:43 UTC 2013

Dear All,
	As I see it, the purpose of a mentor is less to help an individual
with their dog but more to help the guide dog user who is a first-time
delegate get to know the convention culture and protocol. It is my
assumption that a guide dog user knows how to work their dog; they just may
not know the ins & outs of convention, like where the relief areas are and
some basic protocol. It is also a way to help introduce first-timers to
others at convention so they don't feel so left out of things. Finally, it
would be a way of helping to enhance attendance at NAGDU meetings, something
we are always striving to improve!

Marion