[nagdu] Introduction

L Gwizdak leg1950 at cox.net
Thu Jul 18 21:03:48 UTC 2013

Welcome back, Leye!
Do they spay the dogs in Sweden?  Here, when a female dog is refered to as a
bitch, she is intact and unspayed.  Just curious.  Back in the early days of
guide dogs in the US, they didn't spay and neuter the dogs then.  When the
bitches were in heat, well it was a problem that they had to work around.  I
think they started to spay females in the 1940s.

What is it like to have a guide dog in Sweden?  Do you have access laws like
we have here in the US?

I'm Lyn and am working Landon, a Lab/Golden Cross from The Seeing Eye.
Landon is seven and a half years old and is grey on his face (from all the
grey hairs I give him!).  We do pet-assisteed therapy where we go into rehab
hiospitals, nursing homes, schools, etc to visit with people who have no
access to anuimals.  We bring a rabbit, guinea pigs, and pet rats along with
a dog.  It's alot of fun and the people really enjoy our monthly visits!

I live in sunny San Diego, California in the very southwest of the US right
next to Mexico.  I did come from New England which has cold weather in
winter and very hot and humid in summer.  San Diego is very mild but we get
hot weather in summer and fall.

Lyn and Landon
"Asking who's the man and who's the woman in an LGBT relationship is like
asking which chopstick is the fork" - Unknown