[nagdu] Clicker training

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Fri Jul 19 12:15:59 UTC 2013

There's one through Yahoo groups called Blind and Visually Impaired clicker
Trainers, a search of groups should find it. It goes through spurts of
activity, mostly when someone has a situation they are sorting through.
People there are super helpful though.

And your second question about treating for targeting vs. click and
treat...I'm not sure I understand the question.  If your asking about a
situation where your dog already knows a behavior and you are rewarding for
a job well done,  there's nothing wrong with that.  click and treat is
mostly used to teach that behavior.  The click is more precise than a verbal
indication like "good dog".  The dog is very, very clear on exactly what you
want and knows he will be rewarded for doing that precise thing.  Once the
behavior is solidly understood many trainers quit using the clicker.  I do.
I still give treats after a behavior is learned and I've dispensed with the
clicker, but only randomly and fewer and fewer as time goes by.

I'm not sure if that answers your question.  If not please do ask again.

Julie