[nagdu] rest for the soul...good or bad?

Doug Parisian eggmann at mymts.net
Fri Jul 19 14:18:50 UTC 2013

Cindy, I wasn't trying to be flippant; indeed, with my first dog, there were
occasional stressful situations, caused by returning from Morristown from
Balmy weather to Winnipeg where we were hit that week-end with 18 inches of
snow in November.

Poor pup couldn't find any curbs and you would swear I had just grabbed a
dog off the street ands slapped on a harness.  I don't think that poor
feller ever saw more than a dusting of sloppy snow in Morristown.  I arrived
back home on a Thursday and was back to work on Monday, deep snow, cold, and
all.  At the time, I had a house with a yard so Brut (pronounced "Brute," a
fine German Wine) got to play and roll around in the snow.  Dumb dog kept
trying to fet the snow from my shovel to the point where I had to lock him
inside so I wouldn't accidentally knock out his brains and turn them into
shepherd's pie.

Doug: Winnipeg is a flaky world in winter.