[nagdu] Dog Attacks On The Rise

James Alan Boehm jimmydagerman80 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 21:24:26 UTC 2013

Greetings  everyone,

I came across this information  regarding attacks by dogs  and thought some might find this useful. Apparently, this is a growing problem, both in the United States  and the U.K. The preceding link discusses this. Following the link is some information regarding state leash laws and attacks.

It would  be well advised for all of us to be aware of our state laws regarding this issue and know what to do if the unfortunate  occurrence befalls us and  our team.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2338829/Ten-guide-dogs-attacked-control-pets-MONTH-forcing-blind-charity-change-law.html
Overview of Dog Bite Law

Most American states make dog owners liable for all dog bites when a person is bitten, based simply on owning the dog that did the biting. A minority requires the victim to prove that the dog was vicious or that the dog owner or another party caused the incident through negligence or by violating an animal control law (like a leash law). Fortunately the victim's legal damages are covered by most homeowners and renters insurance policies purchased by dog owners, and by general liability policies that insure businesses and public entities.

Only 16,000 dog bite victims receive such insurance payments per year, however, even though about 5 million Americans are bitten. For that reason, the services of Attorney Kenneth M. Phillips and other lawyers who represent victims are rendered without charge unless and until money is acquired.