[nagdu] Handling difficult store owners

National Association of Guide Dog Users blind411 at verizon.net
Thu Jul 25 12:16:48 UTC 2013

Andrew,
	I believe Ann offers some good guidance. From what you have said,
the issue may be a lack of understanding and a real interest in learning
more. I often share the adage, "It is better to educate than to litigate!"
Ann's guidance of sharing the relevant state & federal laws is a good direct
way of handling this. One that might be a little indirect might be to offer
a copy of those laws and add, "If you have any questions, I would be more
than happy to chat with you a bit more," while offering him your business
card. You may alsowant to refer him to the NAGDU Information & Advocacy
Hotline at 888-NAGDU411 (888-624-3841).

Fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala