[nagdu] Crossing a highway

t21114 at optonline.net t21114 at optonline.net
Thu Jul 25 21:28:49 UTC 2013

Tracy is that Jericho Turnpike on Long Island?. I have cross it near GDF a few years ago with 2 of my friends and there guide dogs. I would never do that one again . There was no light on that corner. I have also crossed RT 111 and Main Street in Smithtown. On Main Street in Smithtown  after I spoke to a Legislator how hard it was crossing this street to meet with her she said I know you will do something about it. I did . I requested 3 Audible Pedestrians Signal. Sadly  2 people were killed crossing that street who could see  after I put the request in .There was a lot of protesting about the traffic there and a few months last the light were installed.  I prayed crossing that one. I have had more close calls on side roads walking as we don't have side walks .
Marilyn and Anna