[nagdu] puppy update

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Fri Jul 26 17:23:58 UTC 2013

Here's a web page that explains the Puppy Aptitude Test, the scoring and how
to interpret the results.
http://www.volhard.com/pages/pat.php
There are other puppy temperament test from other sources.  This is just the
most common one.

I have done this puppy test before, but not with these puppies.  The breeder
had already done them.  When we arrived, a bit later than expected, the
puppies had been out playing for a while.  They were tired.  I could have
repeated the tests with them.  the scores will vary a bit as the puppies
develop.  However because the puppies were a bit tired, because the breeder
had already done them and from my observations she was spot on in her
assessments of the puppies, I didn't do the formal tests with the puppies.
I did do things like call the puppies to me, pet them, pick them up and walk
away to see if they would follow.  I didn't keep score though.

My son picked out the name.  I was thinking Morgan or Indi for a girl, but
they didn't seem right.  He almost instantly came up with Jetta and it felt
right.   I Googled it last night and Volkswagen made it up in reference to
the jet stream.  So my German dog is named after a German car that means
strong wind!  I hope that means she will be a breeze to train and handle or
that she'll move fast and not the less desirable interpretation of windy!
LOL

Julie