[nagdu] a new dog bed

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Sat Jul 27 18:33:42 UTC 2013

I use old comforters for crate cushions.  Monty's crate is kinda huge.  A
twin sized comforter folded in fourths fits perfectly in there.  They are
super cheap to find at garage sales or thrift stores, if you don't have kids
who have outgrown Batman. They wash up extremely easily.

I have purchased dog beds/cushions in the past.  I think they are pricey for
what you get.  The fabrics tend to be hair magnets.  They are difficult to
wash and end up lumpy or misshapen after washing.  Maybe there's something
awesome out there that I'm just missing.  I don't know.

If you are into sewing, you could even make a cover/pillow case for the
comforter so it would keep a nice shape.  Or if you have a normal sized dog
perhaps they sell a pillow case that would be big enough?  I don't know,
I've never checked out this option.

HTH
Julie