[nagdu] New to list

L Gwizdak leg1950 at cox.net
Sun Jul 28 17:13:26 UTC 2013

Hi Minh,
Welcome to the list!  I am Lyn and I'm working my eighth guide from The
Seeing Eye.  My dog is Landon and he's a seven and a half year old
Lab/Golden cross.  We live in San Diego and are active in many things - pet
assisted therapy, crafts, progressive politics - am Secretary of my
Democratic club.

You go to BC.  I used to live sort of near there in Brighton back in the
1970s and again in the 1980s but moved here in 1988 and have been enjoying
the Southern California life for the past 25 years!  Hey, do the obnoxious
BC students still annoy the Brighton neighborhood?  At one time, it was
becoming literal open warfare beween the rowdy students and the neighborhood
working folks!

Anyway, I worked dogs in Boston for many years and it is fine there.  One
thing you'll want to do in winter is to wash off your dog's feet when
there's snow and salt around.  The salt stings the dog's wet feet.  Or you
can put booties on the dog.

I last visited Boston while enroute to Vermont back in 2006 and had no
problems with having the dog.  What I did notice was all the trash strewn
around on the streets of Downtown Boston so you'll want to watch your dog's
nose if it likes to snarf stuff off the ground.  How is the dog with the
subway?  I know that GDB has no real access to a subway like we do at TSE
with going to train in New York City.  While I lived in New England, I only
had East Coast dogs who trained in NYC.

Here in San Diego, we have above ground LRV trolleys and buses and only one
underground trolley station which is at San Diego State University which
opened about 5 years ago.

Enjoy your new dog and the list.  Any questions, don't hesitate to ask us as
there are people with lots of experience represented here.

Lyn and Landon
"Asking who's the man and who's the woman in an LGBT relationship is like
asking which chopstick is the fork" - Unknown