[nagdu] New to list

minh ha minh.ha927 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 22:12:29 UTC 2013

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I am currently studying sociology
and environmental studies at BC. I have not actually got the chance to
work Viva in Boston yet as I am home in Worcester for the summer.
Worcester is very similar to Boston in terms of size and activity so I
don't think it would be a difficult transition. Viva seems really
comfortable with underground transportation; when we were training in
Portland, I did request my trainer take me to the only underground max
station in town so I could at least get exposed to it and she worked
great.

Ann, do you still keep in touch with professor Jackson? Even though he
doesn't teach at BC anymore, he still does a lot of consulting for
them. Last year, when I was starting my freshman year, I was having a
lot of problems communicating with the disability services office and
they asked him to come in and discuss ways they could help me. He's a
really great resource. It was kind of interesting because he taught my
old TVI and he had known about me even before I met him.

Obnoxious BC students are still present, I'm afraid. I just try to
stay in my dorm when they swarm campus and bother the surrounding
communities on the weekends.

Minh