[nagdu] Fetch training

minh ha minh.ha927 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 08:30:08 UTC 2013

Hi Andrew,

I don't know if the method I'm about to suggest would work as I don't
allow my dog to play fetch, but this has work for me in terms of
calling my dog back to me with her tug once she's wrestled it away
from me (she's strong). You need some form of food reward in order for
this to work, either kibble or a treat that your dog likes. After you
have thrown the toy, call your dog back to you and when he does, give
him a reward and praise him. It's basically just another training
session in which you're conditioning him to the fact that " I come
back with the toy, I get yummy delicious food, yay!" I hope this
helps; like I said, I'm not sure of its effectiveness, but it worked
for me with having Viva come back to me.

Best,
Minh