[nagdu] FW: letter to the board of directors of Guide Dogs for the Blind

Michael Hingson Mike at michaelhingson.com
Fri Jun 7 00:38:38 UTC 2013

Hi,

Actually, GDB only attended the conventions in a real substantive way for a
few years.  Mostly it went as part of a larger group.

No, just the fact that the school isn't attending in any significant way
isn't in of itself an issue.  As I said in my letter, however, our
convention consists of the largest gathering of blind people in the country.
Why would any organization like GDB not want to be there?

The reasons for the problems discussed in my and hundreds of other letters
involve degradations in training, poor treatment of blind staff, a reduction
in blind staff, no new initiative to hire blind staff and put them
throughout the campus, falsehoods told and promulgated by the GDB
leadership, and the list goes on.

Go read the petition comments at the link I gave in my letter.  See how many
blind people, puppy raisers, and even a former board member feel.  The
reactions expressed are incredible and all negative.  There is too much here
to ignore.

Best,

Michael Hingson