[nagdu] Some Guide Dog Information

L Gwizdak leg1950 at cox.net
Sun Jun 9 18:47:29 UTC 2013

Hi Joe,
Have you read Toni and Ed Eames' book, "Guide To Guide Dog Schools" with the
latest edition in 1995?  A couple of schools are no linger in existance but
the majority or them are and the info is fairly relevant to now.  I'd read
that book and then contact the schools that seem to interest you or the ones
that seem to fit what you are looking for in a school or dog breeds trained.

When you apply, be sure to write about what you would consider the "perfect"
dog for you and your guide dog needs.  Be very clear on what you want, what
kind of life you lead, where you live - small town or large city, house or
apartment, children, other animals, hobbies, travel.  The info you supply
and what you do when you have your home interview will weigh heavily in the
school's selection committee and their deterimination of the best dog for
you.

I'm Lyn and I am working my eighth dog, a red Lab/Golden cross named Landon.
He will be eight years old this November.  I've worked dogs since 1973
though I did go dogless for a few of the years.  Landon and I live in San
Diego, CA and I'm 62 years old.

Landon and I do pet-assisted therapy with our local Humane Society, are
active in my Democratic Party club, do crafts, read, and do photography -
yes, I do have some remaining vision!

Welcome to the list!

Lyn and Landon
"Asking who's the man and who's the woman in an LGBT relationship is like
asking which chopstick is the fork" - Unknown