[nagdu] First time poster

Laura lltcna at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 9 19:30:41 UTC 2013

Let me explain the situation because I still have a small amount of functional vision left not only do I come to class with a dog now but I have a good amount of equipment that comes with me my clarity PC mate and my laptop the school provides spinal seating in the front of the classroom so I have room for my equipment the idea came up a few semesters ago to meet before class with my professors because I had a rough first semester getting the professors on board with my plan of accommodations and also I felt like I stuck out like a sore thumb some of my professors have had me introduce myself because I am comfortable with that my Idea was to educate the students about service dogs in general I think my new dog will be the fourth service dog on campus and the first guide. Other people that I know on campus that have service dogs have said the have a very hard time with the students because we have a puppy group on campus and everyone thinks the working dogs are just In training

Laura