[nagdu] walk for a good cause

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 10 05:32:01 UTC 2013

Hi, all,
Odie and I attended the eighth annual Epilepsy Foundation Colorado 5K walkathon today not just for myself, but others who have seizure disorders.
It felt great to be meeting others and enjoy the event.
Since Odie and I didn't have any teams that wer were apart of, we joined up with one.
To be on the safe side, I did sighted guide throughout the walk and it worked out best as Odie had a tough time and not being sure if we were to be on a sidewalk or in the street.
We did our walk in one hour and fourteen minutes.
We did stop a couple of times as my guide and I both needed the human bathroom and to let Odie lie down for a few minutes.
At another point, we stopped at a water station to drink some water.
I tried to offer Odie some water in his collapsable water dish, but he wanted nothing to do with the dish.
Instead, he decided he wanted to be like us humans and drank three small cups of water directly from a throw away cup.
Of course later on, he enjoyed a fourth one.
A couple of workers from the organization gave us a ride out toward 17th and Colorado Boulevard on a golf cart where one of the ladies offiered to assist me getting to Colfax so I could get the bus going back into downtown Denver, Colorado.
The driver of the golf cart stayed back at 17th so she could keep an eye on it.
I'll admit that Odie and I are both tired and I'm sure we will be feeling it tomorrow.
We both fell into a deep sleep once returning back to our apartment.
We accomplished a goal today and I'm proud of the two of us.
Another goal I had set was to be able to walk that walk without my power wheelchair and I did it!!!
There are still days when I do need to use my power chair if I'm hurting a lot or after a convulsive grandmal seizure has happened.
i'm going to finish up here so I can plan on getting him out one more time before the security guard leaves our apartment complex.
The small dog yard is still under construction, so the four-legged furry partners still have to be taken out into the larger yard which requires going through the cafeteria.
I'll be happy once the small relief area is finished up and won't have to depend on a staff member or security guard to be around.
Odie and I also have things to do tomorrow as well, so want to try and get back to sleep.
Bibi and son Odie
the tired out happy
spirited bounty labrawolf