[nagdu] Some Guide Dog Information

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 22:55:58 UTC 2013

Hi Jo,

My name is Julie, and I am working my first dog from Guiding Eyes for
the Blind.  She is a yellow lab.  Welcome to the list...

As for picking a school, it is a hard decision for sure.  There are
many things to consider.  Does location matter to you?  Do you want to
go to a school near you if possible?  What about weather?  What breed
of dog do you want?  How long do you want to be in class?  Does
ownership policy matter to you?  What about class sizes?  What kinds
of things do you want to work on with your dog?  For example, do you
want to work in New York city?  Do you want opportunities to do lots
of traffic checks?

I'm sure there are more questions, but that's all I can come up with
for now.  :)

--
Julie McG
National Association of Guide dog Users board member,  National