[nagdu] GDB's Open Learning Program

Darla Rogers djrogers0628 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 02:39:24 UTC 2013

Subject:: GDB's Open Learning Program

This might be interesting to some. FYI:

--- On Mon, 6/10/13, Hilary Evart <hevart at guidedogs.com> wrote:

Dear GDB Alumni

On behalf of the team that is working on GDB's Open Learning program, we are
excited to announce that all of our class lecture materials have been made
public on our website. You can now find the course material right from our
home page at www.guidedogs.com. The materials currently available represent
all of what is taught to our students while they are in class training with
their new guide dogs. Lecture topics include everything from behavior
management and working a guide dog around total barricades, to guide work
vocabulary and interacting with the public. All lectures are available in
audio MP3 and accessible text files.

We have made this course material public and easy to find on our website in
an effort to better serve our graduates, but hope that other constituents
find it valuable and informative as well. By making the materials so
accessible, we aim to have applicants or potential applicants to our program
armed with a wealth of knowledge and a high level of comfort about just what
our training program entails; it also gives you, our active graduates a
comprehensive library of reference materials to assist with any issues or
questions you might be having at home.

This is an initial step in the development of our Open Learning program,
which will continue to evolve and grow over time. We will keep you updated
to further developments in Open Learning as they become available.

Sincerely,

Hilary Evart
Project Leader, GDB Open Learning