[nagdu] Nyagdu June Conference Call A Week Away

Margo and Arrow margo.downey at verizon.net
Wed Jun 12 03:38:04 UTC 2013

This is a repeat of the email I sent recently.  The Nyagdu Conference Call
for June's a week away.

Hello, everyone.

Jessica Snyder, a member of the New York Association of guide Dog Users, ,
is planning great teleconference calls for us.  On Tuesday, June 18 at 7:30
p.m., she will facilitate a conference call about families and guide dogs.
We want to hear about the way you and your family have handled the guide dog
issues and what you did to resolve any tough areas with your family.  For
example:

1.	 Did your family seem happy that you were getting your first guide
dog?
2.	 How about decision-making.  Has your family wanted you to leave the
dog at home?
3.	 Tell us about supportive family members and was that supportiveness
from the very beginning or did it evolve over time?
4.	 Do your guide dogs fit in quickly with family members?
5.	5.  How about guide dogs and young kids?
6.	6.  How about guide dogs and other dogs, cats, birds, small animals
like hamsters, hedgehogs, gerbils, fish, etc.?
And I'm sure we can come up with more topics and questions during the call.

I want to empasize this call is for everyone and not just New Yorkers.
Everyone is welcome.  There will be a recording of the call for anyone who
will need to miss the call.

I will be sending out reminder emails close to the day of the call and on
the day of the call.

The call-in instructions are as follows:

Dial 218-936-2053
Press pound at the prompt, "If you've heard this message before,"
At the main menu, press 1.
The room code is for nyagdu and it is

692438

And then press pound.

Please post this announcement to other lists such as general guide dog lists
and school lists.

We look forward to being with you on Tuesday, June 18 at 7:30 p.m.  the call
will last around an hour.

Margo Downey, president, New York Association of Guide Dog users, a proud
Division of the National Association of Guide Dog Users, national Federation
of the Blind