[nagdu] various

L Gwizdak leg1950 at cox.net
Thu Jun 13 20:53:43 UTC 2013

Bibi,
I'd stay inside as much as possible if i were you.  Wildfires are a fact
here in California and when we had the bad one in 2007, my Mom had to stay
inside because of her lungs.  If your asthma is really bad, I wouldn't push
the envelope that much so you don't have to go to the hospital.  There is
probably ash around on the ground if you're close to those fires.  That fire
you have is big - I've seen it on the news so no messing around! LOL!

Dogs can be affected by smoke just like people.  Back in 2003, we had a bad
fire here in San Diego and the smoke and ash were unbelievable!  The sky was
amber colored and the sun shone as a dull orange ball.  Ash was everywhere -
like snow!  We had to stay indoors with windows shut for a week and we only
went out to park Jake, who I had at the time.  We just didn't stay outside
for long so no bad effects on jake or myself.  Fortunately, we had enough
groceries in the house so we diodn't have to venture out on the bus to get
food.

My friend, Larry, was a firefighter at the time and he was on that fire.  He
fell off a roof but was no worse for wear.  As an older man, that fire was
his last to actually fight.  What was funny, he proudly showed everyone the
picture in the centerfold of TIME Magazine that showed a fire truck - it was
his!  He said he finally made the magazine centerfold!  Hahaha!  Not that
kind!

Anyway, stay put if you can until the air clears up.

Lyn and Landon
"Asking who's the man and who's the woman in an LGBT relationship is like
asking which chopstick is the fork" - Unknown