[nagdu] The Differences in Dogs and Canes

Carol Osmar osmarc at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 25 00:43:06 UTC 2013

Hello All, I am new to the list, and am looking forward to
learning from your discussions.  I am in my 60S and recently
retired.  I have been a cane user all my life, but just recently
applied for a guide dog, so, I have a lot to learn.

 Although I haven't had a dog, I have been around many people
with guide dogs, and I have noticed on many occasions, a blind
person with a dog will plow his way through a crowd to get to the
head of the line.  I feel this is rude.  My question is, Do the
schools address the issue of curtesy to others when using a dog?

I have never been in New York City,   so I don't know what it is
like traveling there as a blind person.  Perhaps you would be
trampled if you are not aggressive there.

Carol  ----- Original Message -----