[nagdu] Guide dogs on the college campus

Jewel herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 18:12:28 UTC 2013

Since I am going to guide dog school next month, I brought it up at my college's disability services office. They told me I would have to bring paperwork from the school, such as the certificate that GDF provides, to demonstrate that this is a legal service animal. Then, before I can bring the dog to class, he or she will have to be added to my accommodation list, requiring a review by disability support officers. I would also be required to tell my professors in advance or I would not be allowed to bring my service animal. From being on this list, I have learned my rights under the ADA, and none of this seems to fit with those legal rights. An I missing something or should I fight them on these requirements?
Yours,
Jewel

Typed with Fleksy
reply://herekittykat2@gmail.com