[nagdu] The Differences in Dogs and Canes

Sharonda Greenlaw sbgreenlaw at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 18:39:57 UTC 2013

I currently don't have a dog guide, but I have had two. I like to read
postings, that's why I'm still here. This post makes me very sad.
First of all, no user of either tool is better or worse. It just
matters what you are comfortable with.
As a current cane user myself, if my cane finds something first, I
have not run into anything. And neither are my sighted peers treating
me like I've run into anything. But again, neither am I having a fit
about what they are thinking about. I am independent because I can get
from Point A to Point B, whether I use a dog (which really is my
preference) or a cane (which is what I'm using now.). It is important
that we adjust to our own visual impairment and be independent
travelers--I believe that is what the sighted person is looking at and
admiring.

JMO
Sharonda

--