[nagdu] The Differences in Dogs and Canes

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 00:52:18 UTC 2013

Perhaps you are right, but you said unequivocally that the dog is better. Well, many of us don't feel that way because if you just say because of leading you around things because it can see and the like, you are, in fact, also saying that people using the cane are using an inferior method. I don't think the computer vs. pen and paper is a good analogy. There are a number of reasons why the dog might not be better.

1. It gets sick.
2. Its life span is short.
3. People are put off because of fear, alergies, whatever.
4. Dogs have personalities of sorts; if they don't work out, then you are inconvenienced by having to replace the dog.
Where the computer and the pen and paper are concerned, there are most definitely more advantages to the computer, but there are disadvantages. Most people who won't use it are proud that they don't. But the computer is moving into a technological age. The dog is strictly using a different tool from the cane. Be all that as it may, I feel that to say, "The Dog is Better" is to say that those of us using a cane are probably making an inferior choice. If that's so, it is in a way saying that we are inferior. We all have our reasons for using the tools we do, and I would feel a little better if you said strictly that you prefer the dog and then say your sreasons for it. I suspect this seems like splitting hairs, but I just have to say I feel that way about it.

Sincerely,
Cindy Lou Ray