[nagdu] Update: Training Programs at NAGDU Meeting

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Fri Jun 28 12:13:20 UTC 2013

Silly question...but have all the training programs been invited?  Do they
know they have an opportunity to speak?

Why I ask is because several years ago when I was at a convention in Dallas,
I was speaking with a representative from Guide Dogs of Texas in the Exhibit
Hall.  Just in polite conversation I said something about looking forward to
hearing an update about their program at this evenings NAGDU meeting.  The
lady had no idea what I was talking about.  The program was new and that had
been her first convention.  She had planned to go to the welcome meeting for
first time convention attendees at the same time the NAGDU meeting was being
held.  There was no intent to ignore NAGDU or not provide info, they just
had no idea the option was available.

Just wondering,
Julie