[nagdu] having surgery

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Mar 1 18:07:04 UTC 2013

Hi Mary.
Good luck with the surgery.
I've never gone to a rehab facility, but I have had a couple surgeries that
made it hard to walk for a few weeks.  At first, I just walked around my
house.  As I got stronger, I made short trips outside, asking my dog to walk
very slowly and using a support cane.  My dogs did well with this, but, if
they'd decided to sniff and goof off, I couldn't have done much about it.
And if they'd gotten distracted and started pulling hard, I'd probably have
fallen over.
I've never taken my dog with me when I knew I'd be in the hospital for a few
days.  I thought it would be a problem, making sure the dog got out
regularly.  Nurses are very busy people, and taking care of my dog is not
really their job.  And I could not move well enough to use the dog there,
anyway.
JMO.
Tracy