[nagdu] Paws and Apartments

Lyn Gwizdak linda.gwizdak at cox.net
Sun Mar 3 19:51:40 UTC 2013

I must have been very lucky.  I NEVER had anyone refused to rent an
apartment to me or my roommate in all the years I've rented apartments -
from our first one in 1972 to the present.  I have always brought my dogs
when I apartment hunted.  That way, the rental folks coould actually see my
dog and how they behaved, how well i kept them.

I think that sometimes, when you say you have a guide dog and don't have it
with you, that opens up all kinds of things in the person's mind.  They
think of their unruly pet at home.  When you bring the dog, they see that
dog.  You are upfront and don't have to worry about how the dog will be
received after getting the apartment and then a dog appears.  This has
always worked for me.

If I should encounter a place that is very negative towards my dog, well, I
don't rent from them.  I would know that they would find something to
harrass me about after move in.  there are other places that I would be
happy living at.  I've been very happy in my current place - a place I've
lived in for the past 13 years.  Our managers are dog owners.

Lyn and Landon
"Asking who's the man and who's the woman in an LGBT relationship is like
asking which chopstick is the fork" - Unknown