[nagdu] Guide Dogs at Carnegie Hall

Michael Hingson info at michaelhingson.com
Tue Mar 5 04:16:52 UTC 2013

Hi Shanna,

Interesting question.  I do understand the complexity of the situation from
the viewpoint that the stage is not a place where the public is invited to
go.  However, you were invited, and there are requirements for reasonable
accommodations in the ADA.  You are the expert on what you require.
Certainly a guide dog does not incur a major expense for Carnegie Hall so
they can't use that excuse.  Your dog is an extension of you.  I definitely
suggest you push the envelope.  I also suggest you contact Carl Jacobsen,
president of the NFB of NY.

Best,

Michael Hingson