[nagdu] Conference Call, Monday, March 11, 2013

Margo and Arrow margo.downey at verizon.net
Wed Mar 6 02:32:32 UTC 2013

The New York Association of Guide Dog Users, a Division of the National
Association of Guide Dog Users, National Federation of the Blind, is
proud to present our third conference call.

Date: Monday, March 11, 2013
Time: 7:30 p.m.

The conference call will last approximately one hour. You don't have to
live in New York to call in.

Our presenter this month is Julie Phillipson, Secretary-Treasurer of
our Division. Julie wears many hats. The hat she'll be wearing for this
call has to do with her work to make sure that first responders are
trained to deal effectively and respectfully with people with
disabilities. She has done extensive research on topics such as first
responders and service animals and also disaster preparedness and
service animals. Julie has a lot of information and thoughts to share
with us and she welcomes our information, thoughts and feedback. Just
in case someone needs a general explanation of "first responder", a
first esponder could be a police person, a firefighter, an emergency
medical technician, and am sure many others fall into this category.

So, we look forward to being with you all on the call. To join us on
Monday, March 11 at 7:30 p.m., follow these instructions:

Dial 712-432-6453. Press pound at the welcome message prompt. At the
main menu, press 1 for live chat rooms. When prompted, enter the code
692438 and then press pound. 692438 spells nyagdu.

Margo Downey, President, New York Association of Guide Dog Users,
National Federation of the Blind