[nagdu] Fire evacuation

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 14 23:00:44 UTC 2013

Hi, Tracy,
Glad they found out who did it and sent them home.
Definitely unexceptable, childish, dangerous behavior.
When I was at GEB for the first time from May 30/june 24, 2000 class, we were also insructed not to harness up our dogs during an evacuation situation either, but to just go and get out.
I lived in an another apartment complex which was not subsidized where parents didn't continuously watch their kids and the fire alarm had been pulled at least four times.
Thankfully, I always made it a habbit to practice going down the stairs from the fifth floor and healing Orleans.
When Odie and I did have to evacuate, we did the same method.
If there would not have been enough time to grab his nylon walk harness and retractible leash, he would have just stayed beside me, lightly bumping me to let me know he'd still be there.
That's something I would not chance though, having Odie not wearing anything to stick close to me.
I feel more comfortable with him having a nylon leash/collar or walk harness with the retractible leash already attached to the D ring.
Am pleased on how well your partner did during that fiasco and he took everything all in good stride.
Bibi