[nagdu] Ben's at the vet

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Mar 15 14:32:01 UTC 2013

Ben's at the vet today to have the lump removed from his eyelid.  I miss his
quiet presence in the house, even though he usually sleeps most of the time.
He couldn't believe it when I didn't feed him this morning.  He followed me
all around, saying "Yo, where's my breakfast?"
They gave me a paper, outlining his day.  He will have his own nurse to
watch over him from the time they start to anesthetize him to when he wakes
up, and he'll have warm blankets in his cage to keep him cozy while he's
asleep.  I told the vet tech to remember that he's a trained dog, and very
gentle, so not to be rough with him.  Probably unnecessary, but I know a vet
tech who's very rough with big dogs, and I'd never hand my dog over to her.
Ben couldn't believe it either when I handed him over to this stranger and
she led him away.  But he went quietly, like the good dog he is.
When Ben comes home, he'll have on the Elizabethan collar, AKA the lampshade
or the Cone of Shame.  Poor boy!
Anyway, I miss my boy, and will be happy when he's back home and all fixed
up.
Tracy