[nagdu] Ben and the cone

Lyn Gwizdak linda.gwizdak at cox.net
Sun Mar 17 16:41:32 UTC 2013

Hah, I wouldn't take the collar off until the stitches are removed.
Depending on vigilance in watching him is futile - dogs are very sneaky when
it comes to chewing stuff.  He could chew the stitches out and leave an open
wound that will get infected.  All dogs will lick wounds and pick out the
stitches.  Stitches itch and that is why the vet puts the cone on in the
first place.

It's only a few days so just not work him until the stitches are out and the
doctor says the cone can come off.  Not being able to work a dog after
surgery is something you plan for unless it is an emergency.  The dog needs
to rest - just like we do after surgery.  You want the dog to heal with as
little complications as possible.

Lyn and Landon
"Asking who's the man and who's the woman in an LGBT relationship is like
asking which chopstick is the fork" - Unknown