[nagdu] dog refused

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 18 11:45:02 UTC 2013

Good morning all your friendly neighborhood travel agent here and member of NAGDU, and President of the Travel & Tourism Division again.
If the house is being offered to the public to rent. Like anything that is offered to the public, it not only falls under the ADA, but the local issues.
Similar to a hotel or any other travel related stays in the United States they cannot tell you that they will not allow the dog.
You can tell them either about the laws or don't rent from that person or company. If it is a major company, similar to the car rental issue that one of our members had last week, then call them up and they should know.
If it just somone renting a cabin. Like if you owned a cabin and wanted to rent it out. First of all it is a cabin. They have to clean it anyway before the next renter comes to use it. I am sure you are not dirty people. But they need to come in vacuum, wash the floors, bathrooms, etc. I wouldn't rent anything from anyone unless they clean it before I arrive, do you want to rent anything that was left dirty from the last person.
I definitely would not.
Again, all if you have these type of questions and would like to ask them on the air, I do have the internet radio show on WTOE Network, www.thruoureyes.com. President Joe Ruffalo of NFB of NJ is having an article in the Braille Monitor in the April Edition about all the shows that air and when they air.
State Law of GA from the NAGDU website, I don't know if it has been changed.
GEORGIA
Georgia Laws of 1991, Title 30, Chapter 4, Sections 30-4-1 through 30-4-3 Georgia statutory law guarantees a blind person the legal right to be accompanied by a specially trained dog guide in all public accommodations and on all common carriers. Also guaranteed by Georgia law is the legal right of a dog guide user to equal accommodation in all housing. No extra charge can be levied because of the dog guide's presence, but the dog guide user is liable for any damage to the premises that the dog might cause. Landlords are not required to modify the premises, nor are they responsible for maintaining a higher degree of care than that provided other tenants. Dog guide users employed in vending stands have a legal right to have their dog with them, with the limitation that the dog cannot be within 25 feet of the food vended. (Sect. 30-4-1) Common carriers include boats, airplanes, trains, buses, taxis, and any mode of transportation offered for public use. (Sect. 30-4-1) Public accommodations include hotels, restaurants, stores, places of resort or amusement, and any other place to which the general public is invited. (Sect. 30-4-1) Housing includes all property offered for rent, lease, or purchase, but does not include single family dwellings with no more than one room for rent. (Sect. 30-4-2) Violation: Any person, firm, corporation or agent thereof who denies or interferes with the above enumerated rights is guilty of a misdemeanor and punishable by a fine not to exceed $100, or by imprisonment for not more than 10 days, or both. (Sect. 30-4-3)

Disabled Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 of NY State
Leading the Way in Independent Travel!SNG Certified - Accessible Travel Advocate!Cheryl Echevarria, Ownerhttp://www.echevarriatravel.com631-456-5394reservations@echevarriatravel.comhttp://www.echevarriatravel.wordpress.com2012 Norwegian Cruise Line University Advisory Board Member.
Affiliated as an independent contractor with Montrose TravelCST - #1018299-10Echevarria Travel and proud member of the National Federation of the Blind will be holding a year round fundraiser for the http://www.NFBNY.org after Hurricane Sandy and other resources. Any vacation package booked between November 6 2012-November 6, 2013 and vacation must be traveled no later than 12/30/2014 a percentage of my earnings will go to the affiliate.  Also is you book a Sandals for couples or Beaches for families and friends resorts vacation, $100.00 per booking will go to the affiliate as well.  You do not need to be a member of the NFB.org, just book through us.