[nagdu] I never say

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Mar 22 17:10:36 UTC 2013

A couple people recently have said that companies started asking them all
kinds of questions, after the person said he or she used a guide dog.  This
was my experience too, so, for many years now, I just don't mention the dog.
If I were travelling abroad, it would be different, but, in the US and
Canada, the law is on my side, and, when I show up with my guide dog,
there's nothing a business can do about it. Sometimes I think mentioning the
dog makes someone think there will be a problem where no problem exists.
I do sometimes say to a taxi company that the driver has to look for me, and
I'm the woman with the black guide dog, but even that can sometimes lead to
problems.
Tracy