[nagdu] Working up to obstacles

Mardi Hadfield wolfsinger.lakota at gmail.com
Wed May 1 10:49:52 UTC 2013

Hi Julie, My first guide Lily, always stopped in front of obstacles and
waited for me to give her directions.I had a lot more sight at that time
and she was trained as a wheelchair service dog before becoming a guide
dog.I trained Nala to go up to the obstacle and stop, but it wasn't long
before she started to do things from a distance,especially when there was
no curb cut to get my wheelchair off the sidewalk. This dog was extremely
confidant.Shaman is also very confidant and he works things from a distance
most of the time. Neechee is getting more confidant as we work and is
starting to work some obstacles from a distance. Have a great day, Mardi
and Shaman and Neechee,GDIT.

--
http://wolfsinger-lakota.blogspot.com/