[nagdu] Bed and Breakfast - That's not correct...

Dailyah dailyahpatt at yahoo.com
Wed May 1 20:47:47 UTC 2013

Hi Julie (and all),

I'm not sure why someone at the hotline would have given out incorrect information, but that does appear to be the case. (I guess that's why they're very clear that advice from the hotline is not legal advice!) It's actually 5 rooms, not 6. The other information is correct and you explained it well. So...I pulled the information below my signature directly from the text of the ADA so ya'll don't have to take my word for it.  It's buried in the definitions for Title III - 36.104

Enjoy,
Dailyah Rudek
ProBoneO Program, Director

"Place of public accommodation means a facility, operated by a private entity, whose operations affect commerce and fall within at least one of the following categories --

(1) An inn, hotel, motel, or other place of lodging, except for an establishment located within a building that contains not more than five rooms for rent or hire and that is actually occupied by the proprietor of the establishment as the residence of the proprietor;"