[nagdu] Crosswalks

Tami Jarvis tami at poodlemutt.com
Sat May 4 23:54:04 UTC 2013

Ken,

Yikes! I hate when that happens... And, yes, it has happened to us, too.
In fact, Mitzi's first traffic check was all but knocking me on my butt
to get the two of us out of the way from an illegal left turn while we
were in the crossing a super well-lit intersection. I still want to
chase that car down and do some damage! But I was pretty proud of my
youngster, since I was still trying to figure out how to train for
traffic checks. /smile/

We've also nearly been mowed down by speeding bicyclists! And nearly run
over by a car while standing on the sidewalk waiting for a light...
Don't know how Mitzi called that one in time, but she nearly jerked me
off my feet getting me out of the way! Then took a nice opportunistic
sniff. I was just about ready to lay into her like I never have before
when I heard the car and felt the heat on the backs of my legs and
realized what had happened. So Mitzi got her well-earned sniff!

I've never thought of using whistles or anything like that... I guess I
figure if people can't watch where they are pointing their speeding
death machines to begin with, the only thing one can do is listen up and
pay attention... And hope the dog will drag you out of the way in time!
/smile/

Glad Ace was on the ball and keeping you safe!

Tami