[nagdu] update and almost attacked

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Mon May 6 06:41:44 UTC 2013

Hi, all,
Sub says it all.
It's been a month since Odie and I lost our beloved Dale.
However, the two of us are helping one another out by supporting each other and trying to stay busy.
While staying busy, there's no time for sadness as much.
Yes, there's still those days where the weeping will happen, but I'm happy to say Odie and I are moving forward.
This evening, I decided to make a walk up to 7 11 on 18th and Lawrence to get my favorite items, a large chocolate ice cream cone, pepperony hot pocket and a twenty ounce bottle of doctor pepper.
As we left 7 11 and were coming up on a side alley, two dogs came out of nowhere and charged us.
Odie quickly reacted by backing up and I had to back up with him fast.
As he pulled me back away from the out of control dogs, I felt myself slipping off the curb into the street.
Odie and I aren't hurt, but shook up by the incident.
The best I did was to stay calm and praise Odie for keeping me save, despite that we both ended up off the sidewalk.
I figure the quickest and smartest thing to do was get out of the area right away.
I contacted the police immediately once Odie and I made it back home to our apartment complex.

I told the police dispatcher that I'd be willing to go back up to where the incident happened, but she said she'd get the police officer out to me rather than Odie and I going back to that area.
She wanted to make sure that Odie and I were safe in case the il-behaved dogs were still over there.
What sickens me is that the owner did have his dogs on leash, but not under control and nor did he ask outloud if my partner and I were all right and if we needed medical attention.
Thankfully, the police dispatcher and officer did ask me if bit woof woof and I were all right upon needing medical attention for both of us.
I will need to work with Odie when it comes to dogs as a whole, but we will do it one step at a time.
Since he was attacked during training at Pilot eight years ago and us dealing with uncontrolled dogs on or off leash as a whole, Odie doesn't put up or won't tolerate them one bit.
I hope that when I take him down to the animal shelter to get his shots updated on Wednesday, we can start our retraining process with the other dogs around.
He's been rizilliant upon bouncing back after rough incidents like this one or many others, so I can't give up on him.
Yes, he was in work mode at the time of the dogs lunging at us: wearing his orange vests which each pocket has a patch stating medical alert and please do not pet.
Speaking of his patches, I'm going to have to secure them back on his vest.
Dale usually used a special type of glue to stick them on after washing Odie's vest by hand.
I may have to see if my step mother-in-law might be able to sew them on for me using a sewing machine.
If you'd like to respond privately to me instead to avoid clogging up the list, my email address is:
orleans24 at comcast.net
This is so there's not unnecessary trafic on list as some list owners would rather keep the list trafic down to five emails per person.
Hope everyone had a good weekend and stay safe with your four-legged furry working partners or pet friends.
Bibi and son Odie
who is slowly coming back out of his shell and not as depressed