[nagdu] Lab coats

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Mon May 6 20:05:55 UTC 2013

I must have dreamed I heard that this dog had no double coat. Here is some information I got from a Retriever web site:

Golden Retrievers have a dense, water-repellent outer coat with a thick undercoat. Some coats are wavy, some are straight. The fur feathers on the back of the front legs and underbody, with heavier feathering on the chest, back of the thighs, and tail.

Golden Retrievers come in all shades of gold, from light to dark gold. Some breeders have begun selling "rare white Goldens," but the American Kennel Club does not recognize white as a coat color for the breed