[nagdu] Crosswalks

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue May 7 14:20:15 UTC 2013

Ken, I don't do this myself, but I hear that in England, blind guide dog
users carry a short white cane, like the ID cane Independent Living sells.
 When the person comes to a street crossing, he or she whips out the cane
and holds it up or waves it about, thus hopefully alerting drivers that a
blind person is about to cross.
Just something to possibly consider.
Tracy