[nagdu] Relieving harnesses and leather martingale collars

Natasha Baebler guidingpaws at gmail.com
Thu May 9 21:42:53 UTC 2013

Hello fellow dog guide people,

My beautiful little black lab guide and I have just survived a really rough patch. Persistence has paid off, however, and I get to keep my girl!  Anyone who follows me on Twitter (guidingpaws) saw the saga. However, I have no intention of being quiet about the experience. I just need to take the emotion out of my write-up before I can really elaborate publicly too much.

AnyWho, sense Marie is here to stay, I have two questions about equipment sources.

Currently, Marie wears a collar that is two thirds nylon (purple!) and one third chain. This type of collar works very well for us, as Marie is a super sensitive girl with a stubborn streak. Since Marie's harness is all leather her color being nylon has always kind of bugged me. Does anyone happen to know of anywhere that makes a leather and chains martingale (partial/limited slip) collar? Google has failed me.

Second, I've recently heard of other guides with Marie's relieving sensitivity having success with a relieving harness/belt. This is something I would desperately like to try with Marie for a plethora of reasons. The only source I am aware of for a relieving harness is the elusive Pawpower creations. I've worked with that individual for other equipment with mixed results in the past. So, I'm looking for another source. Anyone know of anywhere?

Natasha and The LittleBlackDog™
guidingpaws at icloud.com
Sent from my iPhone